29 July, 2019
Bake asparagusPosted in : recipes on by : Danielle
It’s asparagus season, and I can’t get enough of it. Roasting asparagus brings out its ideal. The guidelines get a small crispy in the oven, which I enjoy, and the flavor is a lot more concentrated than it would be if you steamed or sauted it.
Roasted asparagus is the ideal springtime side dish, no matter whether for brunch or dinner. As a bonus, it’s simple to throw collectively although your primary dish cooks on the stove.
For these pictures, I decked out my asparagus with lemon, mint, red pepper flakes and the lightest shaving of Parmesan.
You can keep your roasted asparagus as straightforward as you’d like. I included the basic recipe beneath, plus ideas for altering up the seasonings!
How to Store Asparagus
Pro tip: Place your asparagus in a heavy-bottomed jar or consuming glass when you get home, and add a couple inches of water. You can location a plastic bag more than the top to retain optimum freshness.
Then, shop the asparagus like this in your refrigerator. It will stay fresh for several days longer this way!
How to Prep Asparagus
The ends of asparagus can be unpleasantly hard and woody. To get rid of those parts, sharply bend the asparagus close to the base.
The asparagus will snap in the proper place. This would be a exciting dinnertime project for children, I feel.
How to Roast Asparagus
Roasting asparagus is super straightforward and fast! Merely toss your ready asparagus with a light drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. I like to do this on a massive, rimmed baking sheet (affiliate hyperlink) lined with parchment paper for straightforward clean-up.
Bake until finally the asparagus is simply pierced by means of by a fork, which will differ depending on the thickness of your asparagus. Pencil-thin asparagus, like the sort shown here, will be completed in as tiny as 10 minutes. Thicker asparagus will require amongst 15 to twenty minutes. You’ll find all of these particulars in the recipe below.
How to Season Asparagus
Right here are some tips for flavors that will complement your roasted asparagus. Keep it straightforward and select just one or two. Or go all-out like I did, and use all 4 of the very first suggestions.
- Lemon zest and/or lemon wedges
- Sprinkle of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Modest handful of fresh mint or parsley, finely chopped
- Light sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Pat or two of butter
- Light drizzle of balsamic reduction or thick balsamic vinegar
- Toasted sliced almonds
Added asparagus? Here are some recipes that will use it up:
Looking far more basic roasted side dishes? Consider these:
Please allow me know how your roasted asparagus turns out in the comments! I’m really searching forward to hearing how you serve it.
Excellent Roasted Asparagus
- Author: Cookie and Kate
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: ten mins
- Complete Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 to 4 servings 1 x
- Group: Side Dish
- Approach: Roasted
- Cuisine: Italian
4.9 from 18 evaluations
Understand how to make flawlessly roasted asparagus here! This roasted asparagus recipe is a wonderful springtime side dish that absolutely everyone will love. You can season it nonetheless you’d like. You’ll locate my seasoning recommendations under. Recipe yields 2 big or 4 modest side servings.
- 1 huge bunch (about one pound) fresh asparagus
- 1 to two teaspoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a massive, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for simple cleanup. Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus (if you sharply bend the asparagus close to the base, it will snap in the right place). Discard the ends.
- Location the asparagus on the sheet and drizzle with one to 2 teaspoons olive oil, just sufficient to lightly coat the asparagus. Sprinkle salt and pepper more than the asparagus, and toss until the spears are lightly coated in oil. Organize the spears in a single layer on the pan.
- Bake just until finally the base of the asparagus is very easily pierced by way of by a fork. Quite thin asparagus, like the type shown here, will consider as little as 9 to twelve minutes, whereas thicker asparagus will need to have 15 to twenty minutes.
- Transfer the roasted asparagus to a serving platter and season nonetheless you’d like. You could maintain it simple with a squeeze of lemon juice, or a sprinkle of Parmesan, or add a pat of butter or drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Roasted asparagus is best served when it’s fresh out of the oven, but it will hold at space temperature for up to one hour or up to four days in the refrigerator (gently reheat just before serving).
Make it dairy cost-free/vegan: Don’t include Parmesan or butter.
Make it nut free of charge: Don’t add almonds.